This is an important recipe for me to archive here. This was the very first dessert I ever made. My grandma was very big on chocolate, dessert and all things sweet.
Peanut Butter Balls
– 1 stick of butter
– 2 cups chunky peanut butter
– 1 box powdered sugar
– 3 cups rice krispies
– 1 6 oz. bag chocolate chips
– parafin wax
1. Mix together all ingredients (except chocolate chips and wax) in a bowl.
2. Shape into 1″ balls.
3. Melt (in double boil) chocolate chips and 1/4 – 1/2 stick of wax. Dip balls into chocolate and place in wax paper.
4. Refrigerate or freeze.
- This recipe makes a lot. So freeze what you don’t need and they are good months from when you make them!
- The parowax (parafin wax) is the key. It gives the balls a beautiful sheen when they dry and helps prevent the chocolate from melting.
- Always double boil when melting chocolate!
- You can use any kind of chocolate depending on your personal taste. I like to use milk chocolate and white chocolate.
Happy 29th Birthday Sweet William!
We did a little bit of camping this week and had a blast! We went to the Russian River, Caspar Beach, Anchor Bay and Carmel. This was a much needed and fabulous vacation!
This was also our little puppy’s first time camping. He did great! Better than we both expected:) He also discovered that the best place was right by the camp fire… you know in case any hot dogs fell.