You know how potatoes are always the first thing knocked off the menu when you are looking to loose some weight? Well I personally love mashed potatoes and knew I needed to find a healthier version.
How about mashed potatoes made out of cauliflower? I know. But they are amazingly good. I brought a bowl of them to thanksgiving and no one knew the difference!
Skinny Garlic Mashed Potatoes (with cauliflower)
1 head of cauliflower
2-4 chives chopped
1 teaspoon minced garlic
Pre-heat oven to 400
1. Fill a pot with water and bring to a boil. Add your cut up cauliflower pieces and boil til very tender. About 10 minutes.
2. Drain water and put cauliflower into mixer with a mashing piece or a food processor. Add 2-3 teaspoons of your chopped chives, a pinch of salt, 1 teaspoon garlic and mash completely.
3. Put mashed cauliflower mixture in oiled 9×9 pan and cook for 30 minutes (Or until browning occurs on the top and it is not draining liquid. The idea here is you want to boil off all the liquid.)
4. Serve immediately. (add butter and cheese if that’s not an issue for you, it tastes good)
We made this in honor of Independence Day. It was the perfect cocktail on a hot summer day.
Try it. You won’t be sorry.
A unique drink (adapted from this one) to add to your celebrations.
2 shots fresh lemon juice
1 shot triple sec
1 shot gin
piumini moncler outlet
1. Put the three ingredients above in a shaker with ice.
2. Shake, shake, shake
3. Pour the contents in your glass over ice. Fill the remainder of your glass with ice cold champagne.