This one is a good find! Think cole-slaw and Chinese chicken salad. It doesn’t really have anything to do with either of these salads but it’s the best way I can describe it 🙂
The good thing with this salad is it can be a small appetizer, a side dish or add some chicken and make it your entree! If you are serving this as a side or appetizer I would safely say this feeds 4-6.
Brussel Sprout Slaw
– 5 cups fresh brussel sprouts (8-10 medium/large sprouts)
– 1/4 cup craisins (add more if you like!)
– 24 raw almonds (crushed or chopped)
– 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
– 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
– 2 tbsp. white vinegar
– 1 tbsp. raw honey
– 1/2 tsp. minced garlic
– 1 tsp. dijon mustard
1. In a small bowl whisk together oil, vinegar, honey, garlic and mustard until smooth and blended.
2. In a larger bowl add all your salad ingredients.
3. Pour dressing over salad and toss.
Tip: You can make up to 2 hours ahead of serving. The longer it sits the softer the sprouts will be. I serve it 30-45 minutes after tossing. I think this has the best “sogginess”