I needed a quick and tasty soup the other day. Since I make all my broth and beans in bulk then freeze them I had everything I needed for this simple recipe. I had dinner on the table in under 20 minutes!
Easy Black Bean Soup
– 2 cups cooked black beans (remember you can use the ones you made here!)
– 1 cup chicken broth (use your own!)
– 1 cup salsa
– 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
– chopped green onion and grated cheese (to sprinkle on top)
1. Put beans, broth, salsa and cumin in a blender and blend until smooth.
2. After blended, put in a saucepan and cook until warmed (about 8 minutes).
3. Serve hot with cheese, onions (sour cream if you are not cutting out dairy:))