Remember we are half cookie monster right?
We are always on the look out for delicious cookies. If they can also be a little healthy that is a plus. There is just usually something about gluten/healthy cookies that just taste off. You know? Let me tell you these cookies are fabulous!!! We found them here and highly recommend them.
Turbinado sugar is the only ingredient that you may not have readily available in your pantry. Because this sugar goes through little processing, it is considered a healthier alternative to white sugar. I found it in many stores: Mother’s, Sprouts, local health stores, etc.
Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
Makes about 2 dozen
– 1 cup almond butter (unsalted is better)
– ¾ cup turbinado sugar
– 1 egg
– 1 tsp. vanilla extract
– 1 tsp. baking soda
– 1 tsp. sea salt
– 1/2 16 oz. bag of dark chocolate chips
1. Pre-heat oven to 350.
2. Combine almond butter, sugar, egg, vanilla, baking soda and salt and hand mix until everything is incorporated.
3. Stir in the chocolate chips.
4. Put 1 tablespoon sized dough scoops onto a parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
5. Bake for 10 minutes. They will be a little crumbly until they sit for a few minutes to cool.
6. Now try NOT to eat them all in one sitting! 🙂