Sometimes a girl just needs some french fries, right? Some really good crispy on the outside, soft on the inside and just a little too salty. Here’s how we (I) get our (my) fry fix as a healthier version.
Preheat oven to 400
– 2 medium sized red potatoes
– extra virgin olive oil
– melted butter
– sea salt
1. Slice the potatoes into strips. And put in a bowl. Drizzle the strips with the oil and butter until fully covered.
2. Add sea salt. (don’t be shy…fries need salt)
3. Lay the coated strips on a foil covered, coated, baking sheet. Don’t forget to coat your sheet with oil to prevent sticking.
4. Place in oven. You will cook them until they are golden brown on the outside. This will take about 20-30 min. Be sure to flip every 5 minutes to brown evenly.