Lemon Garlic Whole Chicken
– 1 chicken 5 – 6 lbs
– Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
– minced garlic (3 tsp. in total)
– 2 lemons
– 1 sprigs fresh rosemary
– 2 tbsp. dried rosemary (to taste)
– 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
1. Set the EGG for indirect cooking (with the convEGGtor) at 400°F.
2. Rinse your thawed chicken under cold water. Pat dry. Place the chicken on a v-rack inside a drip pan (tip: fill your drip pan with yams, potatoes, onions, carrots whatever you like for tasty eating later!)
3. Season the neck and cavities with salt and pepper. Put 1 1/2 lemons (cut into quarters), sprig of rosemary and 2 tsp. minced garlic inside the emptied chicken cavity. Put 1 tsp. minced garlic into the neck cavity.
4. Coat the outside of the chicken with the oil, minced garlic and the juice of the remaining lemon. Rub well. Generously coat with salt, pepper and dried rosemary to taste.
5. Place the chicken in the EGG and roast it until the skin is crisp and golden brown and the meat is cooked through, about 2 hours.
Internal temp: 165°F/74°C