Mom’s Guinness Beef Stew
– 1 Tb vegetable oil
– 1 pound beef stew meat, cut into bite-size pieces
– salt to taste
– 4 cups assorted cut-up fresh vegetables (potatoes, carrots, celery, and onions)
– 2 cups broth (beef, vegetable or chicken)
– 8 oz can tomato sauce
– 1 bottle/can Guinness
1. Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in large skillet. Add cubed meat and salt; cook until browned on all sides. Remove from skillet and set aside.
2. Put assorted veggies, tomato sauce, broth and Guinness in slow cooker. Add seasoning (salt) to taste and stir.
3. Add cooked, cubed meat to slow cooker. Be sure the met is fully covered with liquid. If not, add water or more broth.
4. Cook on high for 5 hours. Check tenderness of meat.