When we camp we don’t let the outdoor aspect stop us from eating well. We love to try new recipes and there is something about cooking over a real fire that you just can’t beat. This last time we went camping we made Mountain Man Burgers. These were so good and worth trying!
Occhiali Ray Ban
Mountain Man Burgers
Makes 6 (large) patties
2 lbs. thawed ground beef
1/2 lbs thick applewood bacon (not cooked, but thawed)
1/3 onion chopped
1/4 cup BBQ sauce
4 slices Monterey Jack cheese (chopped)
Dash garlic salt
Dash chili pepper
1. Make sure your beef and bacon are defrosted.
2. Put all ingredients into a bowl and mix with your hands until well blended.
3. Form patties. We were able to get 6 large patties.
4. Cook over open fire (if camping) or on BBQ until they are cooked to your liking.
– Use thousand island to your burger instead of ketchup and mustard.
– Serve with homemade pickles!
– Toast your buns over the fire.