Fall = all things pumpkin. Apparently all things pumpkin is a trend now. Well I am proud to say I loved these weird orange gourds before they were “cool”:)
There are a lot of PSL recipes out there and they tend to be a little time consuming. I guess by “time consuming” I mean you don’t just make an espresso shot and throw in the fall goodness. The feature I liked about this one is that you make the syrup and stick it in the fridge. When you are craving your trendy drink you make your espresso and add a shot of syrup. Easy.
PSL: Pumpkin Spiced Latte
– 1 shot espresso
– 1 shot pumpkin syrup (nectar)
– 2 shots (6 oz.) steamed milk
– pinch of cinnamon
1. Add syrup to milk and whisk together. Steam. Set aside.
2. Make your espresso shot. Pour in your mug.
3. Add steamed milk mixture to your mug. Top with foam and cinnamon.
4. Drink (add ice if you want it cold!)
The Syrup (nectar)
– 1 cup water
– 1 cup brown sugar
– 1/3 cup pumpkin puree
– 1 tbs. pumpkin pie spice
– 1 tsp. vanilla
1. Add water, sugar, pumpkin and spice to a pot. Whisk over medium heat.
2. Bring to a boil and simmer for 3 minutes until it thickens. Stir in vanilla and remove from heat.
3. This makes 6-8 drinks. You can store your sweet nectar in an airtight container in the fridge. We used an old syrup bottle:)
Original recipe here.