Shrimp and Veggie Pasta
– 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
– 1 yellow onion, thinly sliced
– 1 tsp. minced garlic
– 6 oz. whole wheat thin spaghetti
– 4 1/2 cups water
– 14 oz. can diced tomatoes (with juice)
– 2 cups broccoli florets
– 1 medium carrot, peeled cut in half and diced
– 1 tsp. salt
– 1 cup baby spinach, chopped
– 1/2 cup petite peas
– 1/2 tsp. black pepper
1. In a large pot heat oil and onion on medium heat until onion is soft about 2-3 minutes.
2. Add garlic, noodles, water, tomatoes (with juice), broccoli, carrots and salt to the pot. Bring to a boil. Once a boil is reached turn to medium heat and cover pot. Cook for 5 minutes.
3. Uncover and cook on medium to low heat (active simmer) for 8 minutes until pasta is tender. Stir frequently.
4. Add spinach, peas and pepper. Stir and cook for 2-3 minutes until combined.