Recipe from Thug Kitchen (slightly altered)
– 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
– 1 teaspoon vanilla
– 1 tablespoon ground flaxseeds
– 2 tablespoons whole wheat flour
– 1 cup milk (or any non-dairy sub you want))
– 1/2 loaf sourdough bread (day-old is fine)
– 1 1/2 tablespooons nutritional yeast
– 1 teaspoon butter
1. In a pie pan/shallow dish, mix together cinnamon and flour. Slowly whisk in the milk (go slow to prevent lumps). Let that sit for 15 minutes.
2. Cut bread into thick slices.
3. After 15 minutes slowly add the nutritional yeast and stir. Heat your pan and coat with butter. Soak your bread slices in the batter for a couple seconds on each side and then throw them on the pan. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes a side, or until they look golden and tasty.