William’s BBQ Pork Ribs
• Combine below ingredients in a bowl. Evenly coat ribs
1/4 cup salt
1/2 cup turbinado sugar
1/4 cup granulated brown sugar
1 tbsp granulated garlic
1 tbsp granulated onion
2 tbsp paprika
2 tbsp chili powder
2 tbsp freshly ground black pepper
1 tsp cayenne
1 tbsp thyme leaves
1 tbsp ground cumin
1 tsp ground nutmeg
4 tbs butter
1/2 cup apple juice
4 tbsp of The Rub (recipe above)
WOOD CHUNKS USED
• Soak chunks 12-24 hours before using
Apple or Cherry
1. Bring smoker to 250 indirect heat. Add wood chunks in spiral pattern
2. Smoke coated ribs for 3 hours. Bone side down.
3. Add 1/2 can/bottle of Guinness or apple juice to drip pan. Place ribs in pan and cover with foil. Cook for another 2 hours.
4. Remove ribs from bath and place on grill. Smoke another hour.
5. Let set for 15-20 minutes (wrapped in foil). Serve sauce on the side.