Celery Root Puree (Mashed Potato Substitute)
– 1 large celery root, peeled and cut into 1 inch cubes
– 2 1/2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
– 1/2 cup heavy cream
– 2 tbsp. butter
– 1/2 tsp. salt
– 1 pinch cayenne pepper to taste
1. Put celery root and 2 tbsp. lemon juice in a sauce pan. Cover with water by about 1 inch and bring to a boil on high heat. Reduce heat to medium and simmer until root is soft, about 20 minutes.
2. Put softened root, cream, butter, salt, remaining lemon juice and cayenne in a blender. Puree mixture until smooth.
3. Serve immediately. Add green onions on top for flavor.