Note to self. . . make these everyday! They are so good! Even if you don’t like coleslaw or tarter sauce just try it. The flavor explosion is worth it.
Good with either crunchy or soft shells.
Coconut Breaded Cauliflower Tacos
– 1 medium cauliflower, sliced into large bite sized pieces
– 1/2 cup coconut milk
– zest and juice of 1 lime
– 1/2 tsp salt
– 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
– 1/2 cup cornmeal
– 1/2 cup shredded coconut
– 1 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
– 1 tsp cumin
– 1 tsp garlic powder
– 1/4 tsp tumeric
– pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400
2. Make the cabbage lime slaw first so it has time to marinate and soften just a bit. See instructions below.
3. In a small bowl mix together coconut milk and zest and juice of 1 lime, set aside.
4. In another small bowl mix together the panko breadcrumbs, cornmeal, shredded coconut, smoked paprika, cumin, garlic powder, turmeric, and the pepper, set aside.
5. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
6. Now bread the cauliflower. Take a piece of the cut cauliflower place it in the coconut milk batter, flipping it over to make sure all sides are covered. Next, place that piece of cauliflower in the dry breading mix, pressing it down and flipping it over to make sure it’s coated evenly on both sides. Transfer your breaded piece of cauliflower to the lined baking sheet. Repeat with all remaining slices of cauliflower.
7. Bake the breaded cauliflower for 25-30 minutes, flipping each piece over after 15 minutes, until both sides are golden brown and crispy.
8. While cauliflower is cooking make your tarter sauce. See instructions below.
Cabbage Lime Slaw
– ½ cup chopped red cabbage
– ½ cup chopped green cabbage
– ½ cup shredded carrots
– Juice of ½ lime
– 1 tbsp. white vinegar
– 2 tsp. pure maple syrup
Combine all slaw ingredients into a bowl. Mix well. Refrigerate until you are ready to use.
– 1 medium sized dill pickle, finely diced
– 3 tsp. Dijon mustard
– 3 tsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
– ½ Tbsp Sriracha
– 1 cup Greek yogurt
– Salt and pepper, to taste
Combine all tarter sauce ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth. Refrigerate until you are ready to use.
This recipe makes 4-7 tacos
1. Add crispy cauliflower, slaw and tarter sauce to a hard or soft corn tortilla shell.
2. Have at least 3 tacos… they are “good” for you:)