This is a great easy pizza crust (I found it here) for your homemade pizza party nights. Or other regularly scheduled pizza nights
five a few days a week.
The best part is this is just the start! Once you got this down you can make a healthy-ish pizza and garlic knots!
Easy Wheat Pizza Crust
– 2/3 cup warm water
– active dry yeast (1 envelope 1/4 ounce)
– 2 cups whole wheat flour, preferably white whole wheat, divided
– 1/4 teaspoon salt
– 2 teaspoons olive oil, preferably extra virgin
1. Mix the warm water and yeast and stir until dissolved in a separate bowl.
2. In another bowl (preferably one with a mixer) add 1 ¾ cups of the flour and salt. Mix well. Add the yeast/water mixture and oil. Mix together until it forms a moist ball (about 2 minutes).
3. Put the dough on a lightly floured surface.
4. With your hands knead for one minute.
5. Place dough in an oiled bowl (coat lightly with oil). Cover with a towel and set aside to let it rise. About half and hour or until doubled in size.
If you plan on making pizza with the dough please follow the below steps before adding your sauces and toppings:
1. After the dough rises punch down.
2. Transfer the dogh to a floured surface and let it stand for 5 minutes.
3. Roll to a circle (about 14″). Transfer to your oiled cooking pan. Cover with a towel and let it stand for 15 minutes.
4. Add your sauces and toppongs as you will (Check out this healthy-ish recipe).