I got this recipe from the wonderful cook book, At Home in the Whole Food Kitchen: Celebrating the Art of Eating Well. I had to tweak it a little due to not being able to find all the items asked for, but this is a tasty meal!
– 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
– 1 red onion
– sea salt
– 1/2 pound whole wheat noodles (I want to try this with fettuccini noodles)
– 5 cups diced Lacinato kale
– 4 oz. crumbled goat cheese (still experimenting with this one, I want to melt/season the cheese better)
– fresh black pepper
1. Make your noodles following the box directions in a separate pot.
2. While noodles are cooking put oil and thinly sliced onion in a skillet on medium heat. Saute for 10 minutes or until the onions start to brown. Add 1 tsp. sea salt and cover, turn to low. Cook low for 15-20 minutes until onions are soft.
3. Once onions are soft add kale to skillet and cover. Continue to cook on low for 6-8 minutes until kale is soft.
4. Add kale/onion mixture to pasta. Stir in goat cheese until melted (save a little to sprinkle on top). Add pepper to taste.
5. Serve immediately and enjoy!