We just got a dehydrator! So we tried a few jerky recipes to break it in. (we used bear meat here)
Original Recipe Jerky
– 1/2 cup soy sauce
– 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
– 2 tablespoons liquid smoke
– 2 tablespoons brown sugar
– 2 teaspoons salt
– 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
– 1 teaspoon garlic powder
– 1 teaspoon onion powder
– 1 teaspoon paprika
– 1/2 -1 lb. meat of your choice
1. Half defrost the meat you want to use. Cut into thin slices. Use a meat tenderizer to pound slices.
2. Mix all ingredients in a bowl. Wisk together.
3. Put meat and mixture into ziploc bag and let marinate 24 hours.
4. Set the dehydrator to 160 degrees. Cook for 10-12 hours.
Tip: Check it at the 8 hour mark. Some of the thinner pieces may be done at this point.
See the Teriyaki Recipe here