Sugar Cookie Bars
-1 cup butter, softened
– 2 cups granulated sugar
– 4 large eggs
– 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
– 5 cups all-purpose flour
– 1 teaspoon salt
– 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 13″x18″ a cookie sheet (butter or oil)
2. Cream butter and sugar until light & fluffy. This will take 2-3 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing after each egg. Add vanilla and mix well.
3. In a separate bowl combine flour, salt, baking soda. Add to the wet mixture and mix just until combined. Spread onto the prepared cookie sheet.
4. Bake for 12-15 min, until edges are light golden brown and the center looks pale & puffy and slightly undercooked. Let cool completely before you add frosting. I ran out of time and just used pre-made strawberry frosting. But if you want to do one from scratch try a cream cheese recipe 🙂
– After frosting put entire pan in fridge for a few hours before cutting. These are best served cold!