Spaghetti Squash Alfredo (with broccoli and chicken)
– 1 medium spaghetti squash
– 1 large chicken breast
– salt and pepper to taste
– 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
– 1 medium onion, diced
– 2 tsp. minced garlic
– 3/4 cup plain greek yogurt
– 1 1/3 cup cheddar cheese
– 1/2 tsp. salt
– 1/2 tsp. black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Cut squash in half and scoop out the seeds with a spoon. Lay skin side down on a baking sheet. Cut the chicken breast in half (or fours).
2. Coat squash and chicken with oil. Flavor with salt and pepper. Bake for 45 mins or until squash is tender.
3. Scrape the flesh of the squash with a fork to create noodles and dice chicken in to small pieces. Put into large mixing bowl.
4. Cook onions and oil in a pan over medium low heat until very soft. Add to mixing bowl.
5. Add garlic, yogurt, 1 cup of the cheese, salt and pepper in the mixing bowl. Combine all ingredients. Pour into 9×9 baking dish. Cover with remaining cheese.
6. Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes (or until cheese is golden brown)